RSS

Dumb teenage trends part 3 - "Emo"


Long time since I've posted I know, but I've been busy having a seizure and what not ;P But this post is going to be fucking epic, because I'm ranting about the dumb teenage fashion "Emo". We should get this show on the road shall we?

Emo is a music genre, then it got turned into a fucking style? People tell me "same with Punk Rock" and I say "no they both came at the same time." It's typically known as a style where you cut yourself, and talk about how depressed you are, and lastly wear eyeliner and all black.

If you're sad and depressed, people call you Emo. If you wear a black shirt, or anything black, people call you Emo. It's something that society can't get away from, something that teenagers take way too seriously. I don't see the point in wasting time on something that is as dumb as being "Emo".

I'm not a person who follows the Status Quo, these "Emo" kids however do. They think since it's accepted in society then it must be alright. I just think is juvenile and immature, so therefor I think it should be stopped. I've felt this was ever since my cousin called me Emo for listening to Green Day, I just blew up and was done. This whole Emo craze has led to lots of suicides, self mutilations, and more. And for what? A label? That's just pure stupidity, hands down. Not places like Hot Topic are flaunting it, I shop at Hot Topic but just for my band tees nothing else.

So in conclusion I think the Emo craze should be left a music genre not a style/lifestyle. We all just need to see that, and stop encouraging it. Thanks for you time everyone! :D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Lobotomypop said...

I agree with you %100. Self mutilation addiction or 'cutting' as most people refer to is, is a serious brain disorder, I would know, I've had it since I was in sixth grade, long before the 'emo' culture came around. It just sickens me and makes me feel as if I'm being mocked by them when they cut themselves basically just to be cool and emo, when I do it because of my disorder, and in turn, counselors don't take it as seriously as they should when they see my scars, because the also see a Marilyn Manson t-shirt and black eyeliner and assume I'm doing it just to be cool, not because there is seriously something wrong with me.

Anonymous said...

I bet you couldn't name 2 emo bands.

Post a Comment